Birthday and Public Enemies



Comments
I've been meaning to blog for the last few days, but life just keeps getting ahead of me or I get zilch when I open up the 'New Post' function on blogger. I figured I had better just sit down and do it. Yesterday was my sister's 18th birthday! It was a long day that started with waffles and whip cream and ended with going to see Public Enemies at the movie theater.

Three words: OH. MY. GOD. Public Enemies was simply amazing. If you follow my facebook or twitter you've probably already gotten an eye-load of how much I loved the movie. But really, I am so, so, so in love with this movie. Johnny Depp is simply phenomenal as John Dillinger, Marion Cotillard is equally amazing as Billie Freschette and the whole movie together was just fantastic.

Last Thursday I finally crossed the great divide that I've been talking about for...well, ever. I have finally started the Dark Years of Behzad's life. Finally! I'm so excited. I'm 2k in and I don't know how long it's going to be. It kept bothering me, because if this section was overly long, I'd have to cut everywhere. I've decided, though, that it's going to be how long it's going to be and either way I'm going to have to cut. So better to write it the way I think it should be written, let it sit for a while and then go back and start editing.

Also, I think I'm going to have to set a weekend aside so that I can go back and start editing the beginning a little. There are a few sections that need major rewrites because of plot holes and inconsistencies that I want to correct so that I can start sending out to beta readers and all that.

Now, to write.
newer post older post