My own space



Comments
This is where I do all of my work, where I sit for hours and hours on end trying to make magic (failing tragically, as of late). It'll change in September since I'll be going back to university then and will have to set up a new creative space in my dorm room. But for now, this place works. :) I got the idea to post it up from seeing whereiwrite.org. I can't remember where I found the link (I think it was on Nathan Bradsford's blog), but there it was and I've been trying to get my hands on my sister's camera ever since. It's nowhere near as impressive as some of theirs (I lack the millions of books and vast library they all seem to possess) but it works for me.

As far as writing goes, I hit a road block yesterday after writing about 200 words (ultimate fail) but found a way around it, so as soon as I head out to the library, I'll start writing again. I'm really, really excited because this part is the closing section of the main character's childhood. After that, there's a three year jump and I get to start writing about a fifteen year old with several types of psychosis! It'll be awesome fun. And it'll be much darker and grittier than the first half of the novel, which I'm much better at writing.

I'm faced with one problem - I have no idea if I should classify it as young adult, science fiction, or what. It's such a weird mixture of so many different genres I don't know where to put it. Hopefully, when I get beta readers, they'll be able to tell me what to classify it as. Anyway, to writing and all that. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
newer post older post