- If you know you need coffee to run on a full day, go to sleep at midnight (NO LATER!) and drink coffee at 4:30am (when you have to wake up for one of two meals you're getting that day). Otherwise, withdrawal symptoms will appear and you will suffer. A lot.
- Eat filling breakfasts. Note: filling and big are not the same. Oatmeal is good for tiding a person over the sixteen hours that you will be without food (and coffee).
- If you know that you will be hungry by 2pm and you want to get writing done that day, write in the morning. Especially if you're a desk monkey with nothing to do except play Adventure Time games and watching The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack on your laptop. (Yes. I know. My life is sad.)
- You can't think on an empty stomach that wants to eat you. It's. Not. Possible.
- Seriously, though - write in the morning. You have to sleep early so that you can get up to eat at 4:30am. And you can't write between Taraweeh (that ends at 11) and midnight. Plus there's school. This is really in your best interest.
What - if anything - have you learned in the past month (doesn't have to be Ramadhan related!)?