OF AWARDS AND THINGS



Comments
So, yesterday. Wow. I did not expect such amazing and heart felt responses to my last post. But thank you, all of you, who went out of your way to comment and gave me a million warm fuzzies. And made me blush. And other things.

Ahem. Anyway. So, I've kind of been putting this off because...I don't know why. I like getting awards as it gives me warm fuzzies. But awards are dangerous. They're like having too much power and being lured to the Dark Side. I feel like Yoda has something to say about this, and how power goes to your head, but...I can't find it. But I digress.

I got two awards from three different people.


Thank you, Leah, Karla and Caitlin! You guys are all kinds of awesome! Now, apparently, because of this creative writer award I must list ten things that brighten my day. So here goes:

  1. Rain. Yeah, I know. It's weird. But I am never happier than when I wake up to the sound of rain beating against my window or going to sleep to it. It helps my creativity (or so the muse believes) and I love walking through it listening to Enya. :)
  2. Comments. I love hearing what you guys think about what I think. Really. 
  3. My mommy. I love my mommy. 'Nuff said. She's kind of the ultimate amazing SUN in the world. My mommy beats all mommies.
  4. My sisters. They're my go-to girls. I have a problem? They have to listen to it. Usually they're really good about giving sound advice, too. Also, we're kind of like the mafia. I know if I die, my sisters will go out with the trench coats and shot guns and avenge me. This is a good thing. Trust me.
  5. My critique group. These are kind of some of the most awesomesauce people you will ever meet. They are intelligent, amazing and all going to rule the world some day. No joke.
  6. Twitter. It tweets. I can say stuff in 140 characters. Also, this is where I get my news. Nuff said. 
  7. Tea. Mint. From Morocco. If you haven't had it, you haven't lived.
  8. Coffee. My life's blood. 
  9. Writing. ...have you been reading this blog? If not, go to the about me. Because, writing is what I live for
  10. My friends. You guys in the real world crack me up so hard and get me and put up with me. Even though I'm a storm trooper and a cylon. And I'm destined to kill all of you. 
Now, the rules for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
  1.  Put the logo within your post or on your sidebar.
  2.  Share the love and pass the award to 12 other bloggers.
  3. Link the nominees inside of your post.
  4. Comment on the nominees' blogs to let them know you've just given them props. :)
  5. Give a shout-out to the person who nominated, and post a link to his/her blog as well.
Eventually, all these awards will be in a little slide show thingy in the side bar. Promise. And these awards (both of them) go to:
  1. Margo: Cause she knew what Lanval was, squeed over it with me and her story takes place in Africa. Um, she definitely deserves this!
  2. Kathleen: Cause she shares my love of Gaelic music and introduced me to Freaks & Geeks and is just all sorts of awesome.
  3. Emilia: If you haven't talked to Emilia or stopped at her blog or aren't following her on twitter I can only say WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Go fix yourself.
  4. Becca: Cause she's writing an awesome epic story that is HUGE and she is sticking with it and making it even more awesome.
  5. Vero: She wrote a story. About gargoyles. Also - she has the two cutest kids ever and she is one of the most awesomesauce people I have ever met.
  6. Race: Her book is the subject of one of my masterpieces in the book cover section. Also, she rocks.
  7. Veronica: Because she wrote an amazing dystopian that I devoured in one night and she gave me property rights to Tobias. So back off crazy fan girls.
  8. Kristin: Cause her vlogs are made of amazing and she has hilarious weekly renditions with Bella and Edward action figures.
  9. Krista: She makes me feel southern. Seriously. I have always been vehemently opposed to being called southern (despite the fact that I live in Robert Lee's home state) but Krista makes me proud and has me pullin' out mah southern drawl. ;)
  10. Jae: Have you read the query for Catharsis? Have you read the sort of summary for Sold? Do you know what you're missing?
  11. Meg: Guys. I totally know a blog superstar. Right here. She also has some of the most amazing poetry and prose and she makes my eyes cry tears of joy. And my brain envious and want to gobble hers up.
  12. Para: She a ninja. Also, she knows everything. Everything. Really. 
newer post older post